February 25, 2013

Granny bunting 2.0: final results

About three months ago I was working on a little project with "granny triangles" to make bunting for a friend as a Christmas gift.  I finished it probably a day or two after my first post about the project, took some pictures, gave it to my pal, and then didn't think about it for a while. 

I revisited those pictures today and decided it was about time I posted them.   Besides, I loved this project!  The colors were very cute together and the result (unlike my first bunting attempt with insanely fuzzy yarn that doesn't show stitches) is tidy and delicate.


I usually steer away from white, well... everything, but I had this super soft yarn that a friend didn't want, so I gave it a shot.  It's nice and I managed to keep it looking lovely until gift-swapping time.  The other colors were left from other past projects.  And yes, I used three different sized yarns, but it didn't seem to affect spacing or size of each triangle. 


Hanging in our dining room for a few pictures.  Oh, look at the lovely wall paper a previous owner hung.  It's like a Tommy Bahama shirt exploded on the walls. 


I especially love the scalloped edges I added around the triangles and on the chain they hang on.  I used this technique on another recent project.  I think it adds a great finished look.  The tassels really add a nice touch as well.  I'd definitely make a similar project again (maybe for myself or another friend) and maybe try to write a simple pattern if anyone is interested in making their own! 


I'm excited I've been getting around to sharing some of my recent projects.  I need to get back in a habit of blogging, especially because I have so much to share.  Hope to be back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment