I've been intending to make granny bunting for, well, months and months, but the summer was so busy I only recently got to attack this project. I followed this pattern very loosely. I used a very thick fuzzy yarn, so it didn't work unless I added some chain stitches here and there.
I used three colors (they were unlabeled and from a garage sale): red, deep pink, and pale pink. I have so much of this yarn, but realized I'm not very good at working with it, so I wanted to dip into my supply. That was literally the only reason I choose this yarn and the colors. The bunting is pretty, you just can't see much contrast between the colors and the individual stitches don't stand out very well.
HOWEVER, I do think it turned out cute. It's hanging in my craft room from the wall to the light fixture. It adds some depth to the room, and I usually don't hang things from the ceiling area (mostly because I can't reach that high, even with a step stool.
This was a fun, easy project to occupy some time. I'd like to make another version with better yarn to hang in a more visible spot in the house.