The kitties have been very naughty lately, chewing on and uprooting houseplants that we have sitting out everywhere. Then they throw up, and nobody needs that. I have a bunch of hemp and yarn hangers that I made in the past, but not enough to hold the plants that need to be up. They're pretty time consuming to make, so I wanted to do something else to protect my plants and animals. This project only took me about half an hour!
I found this tutorial on Pinterest and modified it to fit my needs. Here's a simple rundown of what I did:
1. Found an old t-shirt, mine was tie-dyed, men's size small.
2. Cut horizontally across the torso region to make 6 inch wide loops.
6. Split the braids. Two strands will go left. One will go right.
7. Moving circularly from the top knot, tie sections of three a few inches down, combining half the pieces from two braids. I know this sounds confusing, but looking at the photo here on the right shows the split braids Always move in a circle as you do this so the strands don't get tangled and confused.
8. A few inches below these knots, make one large knot combining all the strands. Trim any uneven ends.
Hope the directions and illustrations help anyone who'd like to try this simple DIY!