June 11, 2012

Home meals of the week #14

Well, we had a decent week of cooking.  Once again, not as much as I'd like, but I think summer cooking can be difficult.  You go out to do things and there just happens to be a restaurant with a patio nearby, serving up cold brews and summer yummies.  At least that's how it feels to me.  So here's what we did this week...


The other night I said I was craving fish, so we made salmon with asparagus.  Mark wasn't sure about the fish when we got it home, but once it was cooked, we gobbled it up.  We didn't even take it out of the foil!



Now,  as you are seeing, I'm trying to throw in the occasional human shot with these foods photos so you see we're really cooking this stuff.  Do you like Mark's giant mug?


We made smoothies after we got back from a bike ride yesterday.  Banana, strawberry, pineapple, and granola.  Yum!  So refreshing after a ride on a very hot day.  P.S. I think he's the cutest. 

 
This may be a salad, but it's not just any salad- it's partially from our garden!  Spinach and peapods fresh from outside with radishes, onion, and olive oil.  We also had some homemade hummus and veggie chips.



And now, these cookies


They are healthy, really!  And they were so good I made them twice.  The second batch had granola, as you might be able to tell.  The only ingredients in the recipe were chickpeas, honey, vanilla (I got to use my homemade vanilla for the first time!), peanut butter, baking powder, and chocolate chips.  Yes, I realize chocolate isn't super healthy, but I think the other ingredients make up for it... plus, it's gluten free for any folks who need that and can easily be altered for vegans with agave instead of honey!  Try this recipe, seriously!


So, the start of another week and I'll be trying very hard to cook at home.  What do you like to cook during the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment