June 05, 2012

Home meals of the week #13

And we're back!

Sorry for the absence last week- we really weren't doing much cooking, so it would have been a very short post!

Up first: pseudo-cooking.  


Olive bread, brie, avocado, onion, and homemade hummus.  I love hummus at home- aside from the chickpeas, garlic, and olive oil, you can pretty much add whatever you want!  I think this one was basil, serrano pepper, and olives.  Super yummy little meal.



Grilling!  Corn on the cob, and kebabs with zucchini, poblano and yellow peppers, onions, and garlic.  We ate this before heading downtown for some cheese curds at the old-time car show.  It was... an experience...



Mac n' cheese!  I got the recipe from I Believe I Can Fry.  It was so good.  I topped it with broccoli so I could feel healthier, which was pretty yummy.  It made enough for me to eat dinner, plus have meals for three days at work, and I probably could've stretched it beyond that.  Next time I'd like to try it with more veggies rather than noodles, maybe some gnocchi, and try to cut back on the cheese/cream/whole milk business.

Now, I will be rather busy with moving for the next few weeks, but I'm also done with work this coming Monday, so the cooking should be pretty consistent.  Also- spinach from the garden has been successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment