September 10, 2012

Home meals of the week #22

Nothing too exciting this past week, aside from keeping up with cooking even being back at work for the fall.  (I do hope to share a really great recipe for breakfast on the go very soon though!)

Green beans with baked potatoes, peppers and onions.  We've really been loving eating fresh green beans from friends and farmer's markets; this week's post really reflects that!



Super good soup with a broth Mark made.  I really can't tell you what's in the broth, because I had no part in it's creation, but the rest of the soup is jalapeños, tomatoes, onion, bean sprouts, potatoes, and rice noodles.  Yum!



Then, a pasta tossed with green beans, red onions, and a store-bought red pepper pesto.  We generally don't buy sauces and the like, but this kind looked good, so we gave it a try.  Unfortunately, it is very oily, so I doubt we'll buy it again.  We are making a healthy step to decreasing the amount of pasta we cook and adding more veggies to the mix, or on the side.  I feel much better full off a meal of veggies and pasta, instead of just pasta!



And another shot at pasta with that sauce.  This time we threw in some tomatoes and herbs from the garden, which kept it fresh, but again too oily.



Well, be back soon, and like I said, I really hope to share my awesome breakfast recipe soon!  Trust me, it's been a life (and time!) saver this past week before work!

No comments:

Post a Comment