August 13, 2012

Home meals of the week #18

Oh my, I've certainly been terrible about keeping up with my cooking posts these past few weeks.  For the record, we were just on a vacation, and since we've come home have seemed to have stuff going on constantly, but now I will be doing my best to get back to my regular posting. 

Up first, breakfast.  I've been trying to eat healthy and do the breakfast thing since I'm home for the summer.  Breakfast sandwiches are just about the best thing ever.  I made this one with a rosemary bun, egg whites, cheddar, onion, and avocado.  We have one of those tiny little pans for cooking a single egg, and it's perfectly sized for a little egg patty for a sandwich.  It looks like something from a restaurant!


And an egg white omelet with onions, parmesan, and tomatoes from the garden.  Also, rosemary potatoes.  Yum!


Ok, this is potentially the least healthy meal we've had in some time, but it was so good!  A big plate of mashed potatoes, cheese, and chives.


And then, some gnocchi with pesto, onions, tomatoes (from the garden), and squash blossoms (also from the garden!).  Super yummy and I love getting to eat things that we grew ourselves!

Well, I WILL be back next week with more food posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment