The party was tonight, so now I'm free to share pictures of what I made without ruining the surprise! (Naturally, I had to try it on to test out the fit, so bear with the pictures of me in someone else's crown.)
I usually shop at Joann's for my craft supplies (they sell most of what I need, and send me coupons through their mailing list), but for this project, I opted to get my stuff at Michael's. I've always been hesitant of silk flowers, but since this piece needed to last, I was pretty set on trying to find some that I liked.
The wedding is coming up this fall, so I wanted this piece to be a little autumn-ish, but still summery enough for August. I used mostly small white flowers and some orange and green ones. I found perfect glassy looking green and orange beads that were pretty earthy, but a little fancy too.
I didn't know how big to make it, but since I wanted it to fit and stay on, I loop each end of the crown and braided yarn to tie the whole thing on. The crown itself has some flexibility, so it can be bent to fit better if needed.
I'm so happy with how this turned out! I love getting requests for projects; I feel inspired to try new things and do my best to make them work. The bachelorette party is happening now, so I hope that the bride-to-be enjoys this crown as much as I enjoyed making it! (In fact, I feel some inspiration for my own wedding plans!)