March 11, 2012

March & April project goals

I already have quite a few projects going, I need to do my taxes (eek!) and I have my last midterm tonight, but no harm in adding a few more ideas to my queue.

Here are some things I want to start (maybe even finish!) within the next month:

1. God's eyes. I haven't made them since I was young, but I think these beaded eyes are a step up. I think they'd look great on a mobile to hang in a window or porch area.




2. Start seeds! My boyfriend started the basil, but now it's time to get the veggies going!




3. Granny square bag. I've abandoned my prayer flag idea for something more useful. I've already made a 20+ squares in different sizes. The biggest challenge is going to be fitting them together. It will be like a puzzle. I want to use the bag for a shopping bag, so it will need to have a rectangular bottom and strong enough stitching between squares to support some heavier groceries. I think this one looks great:



Different sized squares:




4. Homemade vanilla extract. I've been meaning to do this for sometime, I just haven't gotten around to it and have gone vanilla free in cooking because I don't want to buy the stuff at the store.




5. More felt projects. I've been doing quite a few to decorate crocheted headbands, but I love these tiny flower pendants:



Well, that's enough to keep be busy for a while I think! Now that it's published, I'll be held accountable if I don't follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment