So, for Valentine's Day, I decided to take on a project for my students. I made each one (that's 39 kids!!) a felt keyring. They were pretty simple, but time-consuming, especially when I'd misplace my good scissors and spend loads of time trying to cut felt with a dull ol' scissors.
Here's what I did:
1. Cut out all the letters. 1 per student for their first initial.
2. Pinned the first letter on felt and cut two more layers, each slightly larger than the last.
3. Sewed the top two layers together. Added some beads and brightly colored thread for fun.
4. Used tacky glue to attach the top two layers to the bottom.
5. Sewed the keyrings on with a small strip of felt and more colorful thread.
It took approximately 10 hours altogether, but I got it done while watching some of my usual TV shows over the last week or so, so it went pretty quickly. Also, I loved some of the color combinations I came up with as I randomly placed felt together!
I have lots of "A" names!