January 12, 2012


I'm really trying to make more things that I see and am tempted to buy, and this is one of those projects. I've seen really great Native American-style beaded jewelry, and since I already have the supplies, I decided to give it a shot. This pendant was my first try. I think it turned out well, and I didn't need to research any patterns- just applied my past experience with beadwork to something different.

I did, however, encounter a few problems:

1. Seed beads are finicky! They're so little, but sizes vary enough that even with proper counting, some sections ended up varying in length considerably. Also, the first beads I tried didn't fit the wire properly, which leads me to...

2. Wire may have not been the best medium- but stronger than any string I have, and easier to maneuver. The beads don't quite hang correctly either with the wire, but it works! Can't wait to wear it and try some more soon!

Also, wore out my second wire tree today (the one with the deep blue beads) and it was a hit! The girl who worked at Buffalo Exchange loved it and suggested I try to sell them at Cliche. Just more of a motivation to get my Etsy up and running!