November 07, 2011

The leaves are falling.

So, I went to a show on Friday night. Dawes and Blitzen Trapper did a co-headlining show, with Belle Brigade opening. It was sold out, but I had a good spot for the beginning of the show. By the time Dawes came on I had to use the bathroom, and lost my spot for the rest of the night. I took a lot of pictures, but most didn't turn out. Everyone around me had nice cameras or iPhones and they got really incredible pictures. It made me determined to get a newer camera or phone soon. I like to document, but with the current $50 camera I have now, it's impossible to get good pictures unless I'm outside on a sunny day- which means no quality pictures of any indoor shows I'm at this winter.

Here's what I got the other night:



That's it. That's the best I could do, and I took a lot of pictures. Oh well. The show was great.

Made butternut squash ravioli the other night. It did not turn out. Generally, I have pretty good luck cooking, but this did not work out. We started with 17 raviolis made with squash, ricotta, parmigiano, and wonton wrappers, but the first batch of 5 we boiled burst open while boiling, except for one. So, we decided to bake the rest with the maple cream sauce from the recipe. It just wasn't good, way too sweet for a meal, it was like eating rich, not very good desert. Oh well, you can't win em all. I'll let the professionals make my ravioli from now on. And not with a sweet sauce, maybe some garlic cream sauce and asparagus. Mmmm... now that sounds good.

Another show last night, Lotus: good and dance-y. I like a good show to dance at. Especially when it's on a Sunday night and there's space to move around instead of being shoulder to shoulder the entire time.

2 comments:

  1. Dave and I saw Dawes in June when they opened up for Bright Eyes and thought they were really good! How were they at the concert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were really good! The show was very crowded though, so I couldn't see very well. They're coming back in December, so I might try to go again.

    ReplyDelete